Executive Assistant to the CEO & Office Manager
Purpose of role
The Executive Assistant / Office Manager will support the CEO, Sydney based Leadership Team members as well as the smooth operation of the Sydney office. The position provides high-level executive support as well as administrative support to the Leadership Team and day-to-day office management. Reporting directly to the CEO, the role involves confidential, high-level information as well as engagement with Board members, customers, and suppliers. This is a diverse, hands-on role which requires professionalism, interpersonal skills, energy, and attention to detail.
- Day-to-day CEO diary management, including scheduling meetings
- Act as a liaison between the CEO and internal/external stakeholders, maintaining clear communication
- Monitor and manage the CEO’s inbox, flagging important items and responding when appropriate
- Support administration of expenses for the CEO
- Prepare and edit documents, presentations, and reports for the CEO.
- Supporting Sydney based Leadership Team members
- File management
- Take meeting minutes and follow up on meeting actions
- Well-developed liaison skills, including excellent communication skills with a range of stakeholders
- Excellent time management skills including working to deadlines, always attending to detail.
- Demonstrated writing skills and advanced MS Office skills.
- Proactive, collaborative mindset and demonstrated capacity to work independently and within a team environment.
- Liaise with stakeholders for Board requirements, including setting Board dates, arranging the signing of resolutions, board packs, and arranging ad-hoc meetings.
- Assist with the preparation and formatting of presentations, letters, and reports as required in compliance with the standard requirement.
- Being the go-to person for all Sydney office-related enquires within the TEM team
- Act as point of contact with Landlord in liaising lease-related matters, including lease renewals, etc.
- Act as point of contact with Building Management to ensure smooth operations in the Sydney office.
- Act as point of contact in the Sydney office to set up training, and meetings and implement initiatives set out by the team.
- Being the first point of call for Digital & Technology, and other IT services in the Sydney Office. Work closely with IT in running ad-hoc projects when required.
- Onboarding and set up of new employees – arrange all equipment and access requests are in place for new starters.
- Manage and own relationships with all Australia-based vendors and service providers.
- Manage stationery and office equipment/kitchen supplies and other office-related deliveries
- Manage internal and external event operations, including booking meeting rooms, organising venues, accommodation, travel, food, guest lists, event-related marketing and sponsorship requirements, and budgets for end-of-year client events, team offsites, external conferences, days of significance and social events.
- Manage, direct, and mentor other Team Assistants. Ensure quality of work and support is of a high standard. Identify areas of development and work together to achieve the best support possible for the team.
Fulfil other duties as required by management and other department personnel as requested/required.
Your Skills & Experience
The successful applicant will be a result-focused Executive Assistant professional with advanced computer skills. You will be a friendly, confident, and articulate team player for whom no job is too menial and no task too daunting. Dealing with the business’s day-to-day operations, you will hold a high level of professionalism, initiative, and forward-thinking. Key attributes include:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as an Executive Assistant or in a similar role
- CEO or senior leadership team member diary management experience
- Experience in correspondence management
- Experience in taking meeting minutes
- File management experience
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and use your initiative
- The ability to consistently maintain absolute discretion
- A collaborative approach to working with stakeholders, both externally and internally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and outstanding interpersonal skills
- The ability to be both a team player and a leader
- The ability to operate as a self-starter who can work unsupervised while learning, adapting, and thriving in a fast- paced environment
- Advanced Microsoft 365 skills, including highly advanced PowerPoint presentation and report preparation skills
- Events logistics coordination experience
- A positive “can-do” attitude
- Professional approach.
- A people person
- Ability to adapt swiftly to evolving situations.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Confident manner.
- Positive approach to change.
- Work with a high level of discretion and integrity
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills
- Be highly organised.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please email a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com